a. Read the text “What Is Cyber Crime? – Definition, Types and Examples”, check definitions, upload your word list and watch the video.
b. Pair work: read the text again, have a look at the list of cybercrimes and discuss these questions: Which crimes are the most dangerous? What measures can be taken by governments to stop cybercrime? Is our privacy in danger?
c. Write a detailed summary of your discussion and present it to the rest of the class.
Write a film review. Follow these steps:
- Name of film
- Setting (where does the story take place?)
- What is the film about? (Describe the story in three or four sentences)
- What did you especially like or dislike about the film?
- Main characters (names; their attitudes to each other; their character traits)
- Problem (what is the main problem that the story deals with?)
- Events (the main things that happen; how the characters try to resolve the problem(s))
- Would you recommend the film? Why?
- Can you give the film a star rating?*
a. Watch the video and take notes and/or write key words and sentences.
b. Share your opinion (and notes) with your partner. Watch the video again if you need (you are allowed to use your mobile). If you prefer you could also read the interactive transcript here.
c. Write a Video Review. Worksheet here
d. Answer the following questions: 1. Why should you ask yourself “Is this the information that I want to share? Would someone be able to abuse it?” – 2. How do criminals look like? – 3. Why did James Lyne pay one of these cybercriminals to attack his own website? – 4. How can we get infected?