Work in random groups on the following activities:
a. Discuss and decide which two things people would miss the most. Explain your reasons:
- The Internet
- mobile phone
b. Follow – up discussion: Ask and answer the questions:
- What other things would you find difficult to live without?
- Do you think that money makes people really happy?
- Do you think that the best things in life are free?
c. Write a 100 words (or more) paragraph to summarize the main points of the previous tasks: Link
a. Read and listen here
b. Work in small groups (3-4 students). Discuss the following questions and take notes on your partners’ answers:
- Which language of coding would you recommend to learn first?
- Which programming languages do you want to learn? Why?
- Computer languages such as FORTRAN and COBOL were once very popular, but not so much anymore. Why do you think they lost popularity?
- Which languages in the top 10 do you think will drop in 10 years? Which one will gain in popularity?
c. Read about the Top Programming languages of 2017
d Role – Playing Activity: Work in small groups and imagine to have a conversation with an expert (or experts) who is the author of a very successful book: “The 10 top programming languages of the future”. Play your role!
e. Write (Homework) an opinion paragraph (100-140 words) and explain your point of view referring to the best programming languages to learn today.