a. Read about:
- Definition of database
- Database uses
- Data security
- How to keep data secure
b. Ask and answer questions
c. Test yourself! Test 1 and Test 2
a. Complete the text with the missing words:
b. Read the biography of John McCarthy, the father of Artificial Intelligence PDF
c. Ask and answer questions
a. Read and listen the definition of Identity Theft
b. Listen, take notes and answer the following questions:
- What does having an identity mean?
- Is our identity secure?
- What can we do when our identity is established?
- What do criminals do when they steal a person’s identity?
- Why are sensitive documents at risk? How can we keep them safe?
- How do criminals use phone calls, emails and fake websites to fool people?
- Why is it important to review bills and bank statements?
c. Read the text and check your answers
a. Listen and complete the cloze test PDF
b. Discuss and answer the following questions:
- Why is privacy online different than it is in the real world?
- How is nearly everything we do online documented and analyzed by companies?
- Why is our data important to the success of online companies?
- What can we do to understand how our data is being used and make choices to protect it?
a. Listen about Big Data and complete the cloze test:
b. Write 5 questions in order to check your classmates’ understanding.
c. Ask and answer questions.
d. Study and complete these activities
During World War II, the Marine Corps used one of the thousands of languages spoken in the world to create an unbreakable code: Navajo.
a. Read about Navajo code talkers. Fill in the blanks with appropriate sentences.
b. Windtalkers brings to life a story of one of these Navajo Code Talkers, Ben Yahzee.