a. After watching the movie discuss with your classmates and answer the following questions:
- Do you think that Walter knew of what happened in Stepford before he decided to move there with his family?
- Do you think some of the men were pushed into the process or did they all participate willingly? And Walter?
- Ira Levin wrote this story in 1975, when robots weren’t so advanced and often humanlike as they tend to be now. Humanlike robots fulfilling our “every” need. Do you think we’re really heading the way described by Levin?
- Would you like living in Stepford? Why?
b. Write a film review. Follow these steps here
The Stepford Wives is a 1972 satirical thriller novel by Ira Levin. The story concerns Joanna Eberhart, a photographer and young mother who begins to suspect that the frighteningly submissive housewives in her new idyllic Connecticut neighborhood…
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World is a 2003 American epic period war-drama film written, produced and directed by Peter Weir, set in the Napoleonic Wars.
During the Napoleonic Wars, the British naval frigate, HMS Surprise, pursues the Acheron, a large and powerful French war vessel sailing in South American waters. The Surprise, commanded by Captain Jack Aubrey, is attacked by the Acheron. The ship is badly damaged and many of the crew wounded. Even though the Surprise is outnumbered, outgunned, the captain decides to capture the Acheron at all costs.
The film received critical acclaim upon release. At the 76th Academy Awards, the film was nominated for 10 Oscars, including Best Picture. It won in two categories, Best Cinematography and Best Sound Editing.
The Devil Wears Prada is a 2006 American comedy-drama film based on Lauren Weisberger’s 2003 novel of the same name.
Sachs, a college graduate, lands a job as an assistant to Miranda Priestly, the demanding editor-in-chief of a high fashion magazine.
a. Ask and answer: Did you like this movie? Why or why not?
b. Write a film review. Include the following information:
- List the most important characters
- Write a short summary of the movie
- What is the lesson or moral of this movie?
- Describe a scene or part of the movie you liked
Write a film review. Follow these steps:
- Name of film
- Setting (where does the story take place?)
- What is the film about? (Describe the story in three or four sentences)
- What did you especially like or dislike about the film?
- Main characters (names; their attitudes to each other; their character traits)
- Problem (what is the main problem that the story deals with?)
- Events (the main things that happen; how the characters try to resolve the problem(s))
- Would you recommend the film? Why?
- Can you give the film a star rating?*
Homework: Imagine to be one of the characters and tell the story from your point of view. Upload your task here