a. Read and listen the definition of Identity Theft
b. Listen, take notes and answer the following questions:
- What does having an identity mean?
- Is our identity secure?
- What can we do when our identity is established?
- What do criminals do when they steal a person’s identity?
- Why are sensitive documents at risk? How can we keep them safe?
- How do criminals use phone calls, emails and fake websites to fool people?
- Why is it important to review bills and bank statements?
c. Read the text and check your answers
a. Listen and complete the cloze test PDF
b. Discuss and answer the following questions:
- Why is privacy online different than it is in the real world?
- How is nearly everything we do online documented and analyzed by companies?
- Why is our data important to the success of online companies?
- What can we do to understand how our data is being used and make choices to protect it?
a. Listen about Big Data and complete the cloze test:
b. Write 5 questions in order to check your classmates’ understanding.
c. Ask and answer questions.
d. Study and complete these activities
a. What is gaming disorder? Read a definition here
b. Listen and complete the multiple choice quiz
c. Listen and fill in the gaps
d. Work in pairs/groups. Discuss with your classmates: What do you think? How serious are these addictions? How can we treat them?
Gaming – Internet – Smartphone – Chocolate – Shopping
e. Report your ideas to the class.
Science-Fiction Words invented by Asimov
a. Listen and fill in the gaps:
b. Five-Speed Listening
c. Class discussion
a. Read and listen here
b. Work in small groups (3-4 students). Discuss the following questions and take notes on your partners’ answers:
- Which language of coding would you recommend to learn first?
- Which programming languages do you want to learn? Why?
- Computer languages such as FORTRAN and COBOL were once very popular, but not so much anymore. Why do you think they lost popularity?
- Which languages in the top 10 do you think will drop in 10 years? Which one will gain in popularity?
c. Read about the Top Programming languages of 2017
d Role – Playing Activity: Work in small groups and imagine to have a conversation with an expert (or experts) who is the author of a very successful book: “The 10 top programming languages of the future”. Play your role!
e. Write (Homework) an opinion paragraph (100-140 words) and explain your point of view referring to the best programming languages to learn today.