a. Read and listen here
b. Work in small groups (3-4 students). Discuss the following questions and take notes on your partners’ answers:
- Which language of coding would you recommend to learn first?
- Which programming languages do you want to learn? Why?
- Computer languages such as FORTRAN and COBOL were once very popular, but not so much anymore. Why do you think they lost popularity?
- Which languages in the top 10 do you think will drop in 10 years? Which one will gain in popularity?
c. Read about the Top Programming languages of 2017
d Role – Playing Activity: Work in small groups and imagine to have a conversation with an expert (or experts) who is the author of a very successful book: “The 10 top programming languages of the future”. Play your role!
e. Write (Homework) an opinion paragraph (100-140 words) and explain your point of view referring to the best programming languages to learn today.
a. Watch the video and take notes about five of the worst computer viruses of all time and how exactly they became so powerful.
b. Role Play: Work with your partners in small groups and imagine getting a computer virus attack. Tell about your stressful experience, use previous information and play your role!
c. Homework: write a 100 -140 words paragraph comparing the computer viruses described in the video.
a. Answer the following questions:
1. What are your favourite computer games? Why?
2. Do you have a favourite computer game soundtrack?
3. How many different game genres can you think of?
b. Imagine to create your own computer game:
Write: the plot/the game rules/the game description.
Be creative and upload your project idea here
c. Create an audio file and describe your computer game in details. Upload your file (Padlet).
Imagine to interview famous personalities in the field of IT (Information Technology). Work with your partner and write your dialogue. Be creative and play your role!
Have a look at this material and get prepared for the role-play and the web conferencing with our Spanish partner school:
Buying and Selling: Vocabulary
Cards: Speaking Activity
Speaking Activity: Pictures