a. Read and listen the definition of Identity Theft
b. Listen, take notes and answer the following questions:
- What does having an identity mean?
- Is our identity secure?
- What can we do when our identity is established?
- What do criminals do when they steal a person’s identity?
- Why are sensitive documents at risk? How can we keep them safe?
- How do criminals use phone calls, emails and fake websites to fool people?
- Why is it important to review bills and bank statements?
c. Read the text and check your answers
a. Listen and complete the cloze test PDF
b. Discuss and answer the following questions:
- Why is privacy online different than it is in the real world?
- How is nearly everything we do online documented and analyzed by companies?
- Why is our data important to the success of online companies?
- What can we do to understand how our data is being used and make choices to protect it?
a. After watching the movie discuss with your classmates and answer the following questions:
- Do you think that Walter knew of what happened in Stepford before he decided to move there with his family?
- Do you think some of the men were pushed into the process or did they all participate willingly? And Walter?
- Ira Levin wrote this story in 1975, when robots weren’t so advanced and often humanlike as they tend to be now. Humanlike robots fulfilling our “every” need. Do you think we’re really heading the way described by Levin?
- Would you like living in Stepford? Why?
b. Write a film review. Follow these steps here
a. After watching the video, write a 100 words paragraph about the origin of the word robot.
a. Read the text and look up unknown words.
b. Write questions to ask your classmates.
a. Watch the video and take notes:
b. How could your life be simplified with these connected devices? Is there a connected device (or more) that could make your life easier? Is there a device that you’d like to create? Write a paragraph. Follow these steps and connect your ideas.
What are the pros and cons of these things being connected to the Internet?
Complete this table with your partner: